Part of our role on the CE Nutri-Fit team is to share with your our years of experience related to health, fitness and wellness. Nutrition is a key factor that can impact (positively or negatively) your health and wellness. It's hard to try new recipes, especially if you're cooking for a family. By joining us at CE Nutri-Fit we can do some of the hard work (shopping, cooking and trying new recipes) and you can reap the rewards :-) I have a feeling that those of you who joined my class on Sunday @ 11am enjoyed the post workout Orange Jello Shots (no alcohol involved!!) so I am sharing the recipe for you to try. More recipes to come on our website but if you join us at CE Nutri-Fit you can taste some of them in person. We look forward to working with you.
- CE Nutri-Fit Team
1 packet Sugar Free Jello (orange is my favorite for this recipe)
1 scoop Protein Powder of Choice (Beverly Nutrition UMP Vanilla is awesome!!)
Topping of your choice (optional)
- In a refrigerator safe container, combine 1 scoop of protein powder in 1 cup of cold water I use Beverly Vanilla UMP. It mixes well and adds a great flavor to everything.
- Mix well and set aside
- Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave to boiling
- Remove from microwave and add 1 - 2 packets of jello. Great choices are strawberry, strawberry banana and orange. The orange ends up tasting like an orangsicle.
- Stir well to ensure completely dissolved
- After jello cools slightly, pour jello into protein powder and mix well
- Refrigerate for about 15 min then stir again. This helps ensure that the jello and protein mix well and don’t layer
- Refrigerate for about 3 – 4 hours or until firm
- Slice and eat. You can also top with Greek yogurt, fruit, sweetened whipped egg whites. Nutritional content will vary with the type of jello and protein powder you use and the toppings.